Updated: July 1, 2020
Burr Ridge Veterinary Clinic’s clients, patients, and staff are our family so we’re focused on doing everything needed to keep our family safe and healthy. We want to assure you that none of BRVC’s doctors or staff are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath), no one has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, and no one has traveled outside of the U.S. since January 1. In addition, we’re using recommended cleaning, personal protective equipment, and physical distancing guidelines to minimize the possibility of transmitting the coronavirus to you or your family members and amongst our staff.
We’ll have a full complement of doctors and staff in the clinic beginning July 6. BRVC will open at 8am and close at 5pm Monday through Friday with a lunch break between 12:30 and 1:30pm. On Saturdays, we’ll open at 8am and close at 2pm.
The following are our veterinary services protocols in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and American Animal Hospital Association’s (AAHA) recommendations.
- If you’re experiencing a fever, cough or shortness of breath or have been in contact with someone showing those symptoms or who tested positive for COVID-19, please call us at (630) 598-0600 to reschedule your pet’s appointment unless a healthy family representative can bring Fluffy or Fido to the clinic.
- Wear a face mask that covers your mouth and nose when talking with our staff outside of the clinic or while in the clinic.
- You may request curbside service or a limited access doctor appointment; please let us know which you prefer when scheduling your appointment.
- Curbside Service – prepare a written list of concerns in advance that we can share with the doctor who will examine your pet. When you or a healthy family representative arrive for a doctor appointment, text or call us at (630) 598-0600 from your car. One of our technicians will review a few basic questions about your pet’s health over the phone, meet you at your car, and ask you to remain in the parking lot while the doctor examines your pet. Please make sure we have your cell phone number so the doctor can contact you during the appointment to discuss his or her findings and review treatment recommendations. At the end of the appointment, we’ll call you for payment and return your pet and a payment receipt to you in the parking lot. We can also e-mail or mail a printed paid invoice to you.
- Limited Access Doctor Appointment – when you or a healthy family representative arrive in the parking lot, text or call us at (630) 598-0600 from your car. One family member may enter the clinic; we’ll meet you at your car, weigh your pet upon entering the clinic, and escort you and your pet to an exam room where you’ll wait for the doctor. Check-out will occur in the exam room or at the front desk and you may be asked to leave the clinic through an exit away from the front doors.
- The Illinois Department of Agriculture and Cook, DuPage, and Will Counties still require dogs and cats to be current on their rabies vaccines so haven’t extended the expiration date of rabies vaccine certificates that have already lapsed. To assist clients in complying with state and local rabies vaccine requirements, we’re doing our very best to schedule the earliest available appointments for pets that are overdue for a rabies vaccine.
- Our schedule remains open for pets that are due for non-essential services (wellness exams without rabies, leptospirosis or distemper vaccines, spay and neuter surgeries, routine dental cleanings, nail trims, anal gland expressions, and non-diagnostic bloodwork). Given the number of pets who need these services, it will most likely be late July before appointment dates are available.
- Technician appointments will continue as curbside service only. When you arrive, remain in your car and text or call us at (630) 598-0600. We’ll meet you at your car and ask you to remain in the parking lot until the appointment is completed. At the end of the appointment, we’ll call you for payment and return your pet and a payment receipt to you in the parking lot. We can also e-mail or mail a printed paid invoice to you.
- Food or medication pick up will continue as curbside service only. You may submit your refill requests through PetDesk, on our website, or by texting or calling the clinic at (630) 598-0600. You’ll be asked to provide payment information in advance of pick up or when you arrive. Text or call us when you arrive in the parking lot and one of our staff will deliver the medication(s) and/or food to the table in front of the clinic. You may also order medication/food refills directly from Vetsource – BRVC’s online pharmacy – and have them shipped directly to your front door.
Thank you for understanding that all of these changes were implemented to make sure our pet families and veterinary care professionals stay healthy. We’ll keep you informed when any of these protocols change or if additional ones are needed.