Updated May 9, 2022
Burr Ridge Veterinary Clinic’s clients, patients, and staff are our family so we’re focused on doing everything needed to keep our family safe and healthy. The following are our veterinary services protocols in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and American Animal Hospital Association’s (AAHA) recommendations.
- If you’re experiencing a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath or have recently been in contact with someone showing those symptoms or who tested positive for COVID-19, we strongly encourage you to call us at (630) 598-0600 to reschedule your pet’s appointment unless a healthy family representative can bring Fluffy or Fido to the clinic.
- Healthy pet family members may enter the clinic with or without a mask. Based on individual staff health concerns, you may see some of our doctors, technicians, assistants, or client relations team members wearing a mask, especially in our exam rooms. If you feel more comfortable with our doctors and staff wearing a mask during your pet’s appointment, please let us know when you arrive at the clinic.
- You may request an in-clinic appointment or curbside service for doctor/tech appointments or refill pick up. Please let us know which you prefer when scheduling your appointment or requesting a refill.
- In-Clinic Doctor/Tech Appointments/Refills – please enter the clinic, check in at the front desk, and then have a seat in our waiting area. Appointment check out will occur at the front desk; please be seated in our waiting area until your name is called.
- Surgeries, Dental Procedures or Day Admissions — please enter the clinic, check in at the front desk, and then have a seat in our waiting area. When you arrive to pick up your pet, please enter the clinic, let us know you’ve arrived, and then have a seat in our waiting area.
- If you prefer curbside services, text or call us at (630)598-0600 when you arrive and give us your car’s location in our parking lot. Remain in your car until we let you know that we’re ready for your pet’s appointment or refill pick up. Please stay in your parking lot space until we’re ready for check out. At the end of a doctor/tech appointment or when your refill is ready, we’ll call you for payment, return your pet (for appointments), arrange where to meet you (for prescription medication/foods) and provide a payment receipt. We can also e-mail or mail a printed paid invoice to you.