Updated July 20, 2021
Burr Ridge Veterinary Clinic’s clients, patients, and staff are our family so we’re focused on doing everything needed to keep our family safe and healthy. The following are our veterinary services protocols in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and American Animal Hospital Association’s (AAHA) recommendations.
- If you’re experiencing a fever, cough or shortness of breath or have recently been in contact with someone showing those symptoms or who tested positive for COVID-19, please call us at (630) 598-0600 to reschedule your pet’s appointment unless a healthy family representative can bring Fluffy or Fido to the clinic.
- We continue to be extra careful to protect everyone’s health – especially those with weakened immune systems or those whose family members have weakened immune systems – so require that all clients and our doctors and staff wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose while in the clinic. Clients who prefer not to wear a mask, or who have children under 12 years of age with them will receive curbside service.
- You may request an in-clinic doctor/tech appointment/refill pick up or curbside service for doctor/tech appointments/refill pick up. Please let us know which you prefer when scheduling your appointment or requesting a refill.
- In-Clinic Doctor/Tech Appointments/Refills –Two adult family members may enter the clinic; please check in at the reception desk and then have a seat in our waiting area. Appointment check out will occur at the front desk; please be seated in our waiting area until your name is called.
- Curbside Service
- Doctor/Tech Appointments – When you arrive, park in any one of the numbered spaces near our front door and text or call us with your space number. Remain in your car until we let you know that we’re ready for your pet’s appointment and where we’ll meet you. Please stay in your numbered parking lot space during the appointment so we can relay our findings/treatment recommendations to you, if appropriate. At the end of the doctor or tech appointment we’ll call you for payment and return your pet and a payment receipt to you. We can also e-mail or mail a printed paid invoice to you.
- Medication/Food Refill Pick Up –Park in any one of the numbered spaces near our front door and text or call us with your space number. We’ll request payment information and let you know if the medication(s) and/or food should be picked up at the front door or from a table in front of the clinic.
- Surgeries, Dental Procedures or Day Admissions — One adult family member may enter the clinic; please check in at the reception desk and then have a seat in our waiting area. When you arrive to pick up your pet, please enter the clinic, let us know you’ve arrived, and then have a seat in our waiting area.
Thank you for understanding. We’ll keep you informed when any of these protocols change or if additional ones are needed.