Careers at Burr Ridge Veterinary Clinic
Our mission is to provide compassionate, exceptional, and collaborative care for pets and their families to build lifelong relationships through healthy pets.
Burr Ridge Veterinary Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to treating employees and everyone else who comes through our doors with dignity and respect.
Our most valuable asset isn’t some large piece of diagnostic equipment or a computer network – it’s our people. They’re here because they show sympathetic concern and empathy for our patients and their families. While we believe and invest in the power of the latest veterinary technology, we never forget that compassion and experience are just as important when it comes to reassuring families their pets are in capable, caring hands.
Caring for the pets of Burr Ridge, Darien, Downers Grove, Westmont and surrounding areas is more than a job for us – it’s been our mission since 1975. That means we pursue excellence in everything we do. We have a lot of experience customizing care to meet each pet’s very specific needs, and just as much experience making pets feel comfortable and safe.
We understand that each patient is an individual and recommend preventative health care based on risk level, life stage and lifestyle. Our doctors and staff work together with clients to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care and personalized attention.
Full-time employee benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid time off, 401k with match and profit sharing, employee pet care discount, continuing education stipend, professional license fees and dues, and uniform allowance.
We all know there’s more to a job than a paycheck. At Burr Ridge, you won’t be expected to work through lunch, and sometimes that lunch is even free, courtesy of our awesome vendors. Take breaks in our dedicated staff lounge. Help us decorate a holiday tree at Brookfield Zoo. Participate in training and enrichment programs with our partner, the local humane society. You may even find a homeless pet a fur-ever home by helping with our Facebook posting. And party at our fabulous annual staff gathering with the wonderful new friends you have made here.
Join our team
Most of our team has been with the clinic for a decade or more, and that speaks volumes about this being a great place to work. If our clinic sounds like a good fit for you, please check out our current openings.
“Love, love, love this place! Everyone there is friendly on the phone and in person. You can tell every single employee LOVES animals!”
Burr Ridge Veterinary Clinic in Darien, IL is seeking a full-or part-time Client Relations Team member to join our AAHA-accredited, privately-owned small animal hospital. We have served the pets and families of the western Chicago suburbs since 1975 to rave reviews from both clients and the staff we value so much—in fact, most of our team has been with the clinic for a decade or more.
Our CRT members are the first voice current and potential clients hear when they contact us and are patient, empathetic, and passionate about pets and their families. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, compassionate, enthusiastic, and works well with other team members.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Answer the phone, book appointments in a timely manner, and confirm scheduled appointments
- Accurate client and patient computerized record keeping including message documentation
- Answer client questions about veterinary services and products, provide knowledgeable advice about the value of wellness services, flea/tick/heartworm preventatives, and home dental products and provide routine medication administration instructions to clients
- Manage record requests between referring and specialty veterinarians and from clients or other general practice animal hospitals
- Collect, label and transfer specimens to lab area within clinic
- Attend staff meetings, continuing education seminars and lunch and learns
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Compassionate and effective communication with clients in person and by phone
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service skills in a fast-paced environment
- Previous computer-based veterinary software and app experience; Impromed and PetDesk preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Veterinary experience – 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service experience – 2 years (preferred)
Ready to Apply?
Please submit a cover letter highlighting why you’d be a good fit for our practice, if you’re interested in part- or full-time employment, and a current resume to email@example.com. We will contact you within one week of receiving your materials if we’d like to schedule an interview. Burr Ridge Veterinary Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Experienced DVM Wanted: No On-Call or After-Hours Responsibilities
- Established practice with exceptional team & culture
- Outstanding work/life balance
- Generous salary and benefits package
Burr Ridge Veterinary Clinic (BRVC) in Darien, IL is seeking an experienced, full-time DVM to join the medical team at our well-run practice with a growing, loyal and appreciative clientele. We have served the pets and families of the western Chicago suburbs with exceptional, compassionate and collaborative care since 1975 and our goal is to provide stress-free appointments for both pets and their owners. BRVC is a privately-owned small animal hospital, has been AAHA-accredited since 1992, and many of our staff are Fear Free Certified Professionals. Our 30-minute appointment-based clinic uses electronic medical records software and offers advanced diagnostics including Abaxis lab equipment, ultrasound, EKG, and Holter monitor. We also utilize digital body and intraoral radiography, along with surgical and therapy laser.
- Competitive base salary + production bonuses; no negative accrual
- No on-call or after-hours responsibilities
- Medical & dental insurance
- 401K with match + profit sharing
- All dues, license fees covered
- Employee pet care discount
- CE stipend
- Uniform allowance
- Dedicated certified tech for all patient appointments; three during surgery
- Opportunity to practice exotic and avian veterinary medicine if desired
Just 30 minutes from downtown Chicago and two international airports, Darien is in the heart of the western metro area and is close to two major expressways, making for an easy commute. It features diverse, highly-rated schools, low crime rates and is, as our town motto states, “A Nice Place to Live.”
- Minimum of two years DVM experience with soft-tissue surgery skills
- Compassionate, professional, and dedicated to the best in patient care
- Excellent communication skills and sense of humor
Ready to Apply?
Burr Ridge Veterinary Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to treating everyone who comes through our doors with dignity and respect. We’re dedicated to building lifelong relationships through healthy pets and, in fact, most of our team has been with the clinic for a decade or more. If you’re interested in more information about our clinic, our work culture and this position, please submit a cover letter highlighting why you’d be a good fit for our practice along with a current resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.